So you have gone out for the night with your pals and had a fantastic time! Unfortunately, now it’s the next day and you want to die from the hangover. So, what do you do? I am in no shape or form a doctor, this post is about different ways to help cure a hangover or at least help you get through the day. Feel free to leave a comment of your “cure for a hangover”.
If you can remember, try and drink as MUCH water BEFORE you go to bed. Even better, try to drink water before you leave the bar. I know that they say to drink water in between you drinks, but I have never done that and always forget to try. Also, it doesn’t hurt to take some aspirin or advil before hitting the sack.
My personal cure for the hangover blues, is to drink lots of gatorade and get a hamburger and fries. I feel like the Gatorade provides you with electrolytes and rehydrates you faster than ordinary water. Hamburger and fries coat your stomach with grease and for me is a comfort thing. I am not sure what the grease does or how it helps, I am not a hamburger expert (more of a burrito expert).
Well this afternoon on Twitter I decided to tweet and ask “How do you cure a hangover” and here is what I got back:
- lindsaydavies@brookmis Berocca. Coke. Nurofen. Thai green curry. Fattening but essential eating on hangover days IMHO. Hope you feel better soon
- ahouse4dom@brookmis lots of sleep and pain medication
- ptemples@brookmis tomato juice
- HippyCo@brookmis drink more?
- poorstudents@brookmis drink lots and lots of water to help replenish what you lost last night
- ahouse4dom@brookmis more alcohol? lol
- sharonhayes@brookmis Best way to fight hangover is with another drink 🙂
- CalgaryRealtor@brookmis Double Bloody Caeser, heavy on Tobasco http://tinyurl.com/cxs58d
- lindsaydavies@brookmis Actually tomato juice is a good one. Full of antioxidants. Great with vodka, horseradish, worcester sauce & a stick of celery
- gracefullady@brookmis When my dtr had hangover New Year’s Day my son cooked her greasy home fries and toast and it helped her feel better
- strangedesign@brookmis Huge glass of OJ or Gatorade, 3 Excedrin, 1 multivitamin. If you can get it substitute Syndol for the Excedrin (sorry US Citizens)
- AmEndurance@brookmis YES! Take a salt tab or 2 before bed. does the trick for me
- gpower2@brookmis Keep drinkin
- mcleodg@brookmis Water. Lots and lots and lots of water. As much as you can force yourself to stomach.